Another successful tweak to my current, FREE WordPress theme.
I know that many of my readers aren’t interested in ‘tech stuff’, but I love it.
I thought about starting a second blog to share some of what I know and what I am learning, but I am not sure if that is the best use of my time. So I decided that once in awhile I’ll share a little ‘Tech Tip’ right here.
If you are interested maybe it can help you and if you aren’t just stop back tomorrow and we’ll be back on track with our self-discovery, self-expression and self-employment inspiration and information posts.
Using this free theme I am learning how to, one day, create my own theme.
Today I added a Favicon. That little symbol to the left of the web address in your navigation bar.
1. I used http://www.favicon.co.uk/ to convert an existing JPEG image of a cafe table.
2. I uploaded my image to http://www.favicon.co.uk/ and selected to generate a 16×16 Favicon.
3. Once it was complete (which was super fast) I downloaded it to my PC.
4. Next I used FileZilla to FTP it to my themes main directory on my web server.
5. Then from my WordPress admin control panel I opened the header.php file in my theme’s editor.
6. Following the instructions at http://codex.wordpress.org/Creating_a_Favicon and using the line of code they provided I successfully added my new Favicon.
Ta da!! New Favicon!! Hooray!!
Adding my new Favicon took less than ten minutes.
Now, really, how cool is that?
Do you know what else would be really cool? Leave a comment. What do you think about the new ‘Tech Tip’ category? Do you have a tech related question? Was this Favicon tech tip helpful?